L471 Application Options:
Used as a high & low level control, the L471 & L471SC can activate alarms, provide a switch input for control systems, or perform a variety of desired electrical switch operations actuated by a liquid or liquid interface.
As the float is moved by varying liquid height, a magnet is moved closer to or further away from a switch enclosure. As the magnet moves closer, a reed switch in the enclosure closes. As the magnet moves further away, the switch opens. The arm containing the magnet also acts as a counterweight for the float.
The float is small and will operate in liquids with a specific gravity as low as 0.4. The interface type will operate with a specific gravity differential as low as 0.1. This small float permits an economical installation in locations where other controls would be cost prohibitive. Available with a relay mounted in an explosion-proof case allowing the control of larger electrical loads. The manual override option allows the operator to manually move the float arm to the test switch position.
- Easy to Repair: Repairs on-site in 20 minutes with the Quick-Change switch cartridge
- Easy to Field Test: The Manual Override option enables mechanical and electrical function testing while installed
- No Leaks: Environmentally-isolated design keeps operational fluids away from electrical circuitry
- Lower Operating Costs: Quick-Change, inexpensive replacement parts
- Lower Inventory: One L471 inverts for both High & Low level applications
- Versatile: One L471 provides both normally open, and normally closed switching by simply inverting the L471
- Safe: Certified as explosion-proof 1 for Hazardous Locations: Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; and Class III, Div.1, by CSA a Nationally recognized Testing Laboratory in the U.S. and Canada
- Corrosion Resistant: Standard 316 Stainless Steel wetted and housing components for corrosion resistance
- Optional Corrosion Resistant Materials: Monel, Kynar, Teflon, Teflon Coated, Hastelloy C, PVC, Polypropylene, and Alloy 20
- Reliable: Sealed switch cartridge prevents dust, fluids, and corrosion from interfering with electrical circuity
- High & Low Pressure Applications: Available with Stainless Steel and Polypropylene displacer options for various process pressures.
Key Features of the L471:
- All wetted parts isolated from the environment. These level controls are safe even in the event of fire.
- Certified as explosion proof for Hazardous Locations: Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; & Class III, Div. 1.
- All 316 stainless steel wetted parts provide corrosion resistance. Also available in Monel, Kynar and other plastics.
- Our sealed switch assembly prevents dust, dirt, or moisture from affecting the level control's operation. Classified "Factory Sealed" by CSA/NRTL/C.
- Cartridge switch assembly provides easy field replacement and servicing.
- High or low alarm, normally open or normally closed operation simply by inverting the level control.
If you would like to receive pricing and availability for the LINC L471 Level Switches please contact Forberg Scientific, Inc. customer service.
Toll Free: 855-288-5330